Either you have one or you don't. And I have noticed over the last year (basically since I've been dating and happy) I've gotten what people call the boyfriend layer.
I hate it
My clothes don't fit, I look ridiculous and feel really fat. Generally, it makes me pretty unhappy. I was just going to accept it and be fat (or fat in my opinion). Then this weekend, I went with Mikal to his mailbox - he has to drive there as it's outside of Seattle. He used to have a magazine subscription to a health magazine so he often gets free stuff in the mail. And today was one of those days.
He came back to the car with three books. The first was called Flat Belly Diet. The second, Flat Belly Cook Book and the last was My Prevention Day Calendar. After sarcastically accusing Mikal of actually getting them for me (he still swears he didn't - I know he didn't, but I like to poke him about it), I started reading the first book.It was interesting. And exactly what I was looking for but not willing to buy or start without something happening. . . and I guess it did. Do you believe in Signs?
After one day, I read the whole book. And almost the entire cook book. The first four days look to be VERY painful, but the recipes and food they mention actually look wonderful and full of things I really like.
So. . . .
I'm going to try it. And you get to watch.
I've taken photos of myself (it's scary to me) and measured myself in all the places you're supposed to measure yourself.
I figure if I tell all of you and some of you actually are watching, I might actually stick to it. I don't normally stick to these things, so I really really want to and any advice or criticisms you have might be helpful to me over the next 32 days. Yep, only 32 days. I think it should be fine, but we'll see.
Tomorrow I'll post the pictures of myself and all the measurements. I've already shopped for my first full four days of food and made my first 2 liter batch of Sassy Water (it actually is kind of calming just to make it).
Just so you know AND so I make sure I give credit where credit is due, this is all from Prevention Magazine editors.
One of the things they say to do, is journal every day. So, you're going to see my journal. Be it good or bad, you'll see it. I'll try to be as honest as possible.
The bottom line is that we all feel bad about ourselves one time or another. This is my time. I don't like my body and it makes me unhappy. My ultimate goal is to fit into my size 10 jeans again without the muffin top - it's not a lofty goal - but lofty goals are much more difficult to obtain. So, if I get to this goal in 32 days, I'll be happy. This is for me - to feel better about myself again.
Here we go. . .
2 comments:
You can do it!
You go! You can do it!!!
Post a Comment