Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 3 - I've figured it out a bit more

So, today doesn't suck as badly.  But mostly, I think that's due to the fact that I figured out how to eat all of my sunflowers AND It tasted good.  And that I'm NEVER going to have what I have for lunch yesterday. 

Spices - it's all about spices.  I'm not a allowed to have salt, but they do tell you that you can have lots of spices.  I never really knew anything about spices before. . . but boy, am I going to have to learn.  Don't they all look de-lish?

Yesterday I toasted my sunflower seeds.  TODAY, I toasted them with cinnamon so that when I put them in my Rice Krispies with my raisins, it tasted DELICIOUS!   And I ate them all.

When I was doing my cooking of the turkey cutlets (they could be pretty boring without salt), I tried some chili spice, oregano, thyme, and rosemary with Lemon.  It didn't turn out exactly right, but it definitely made me realize (especially with my cinnamon discovery today) I want to try and find out how to do more and more spices.

But like I said about yesterday, I spend the evening last night plotting to take over the world (wait, that was pinky and the brain) = plotting  to take over with the really good food.  It actually sounds pretty good without any salt or spices, but I'm going to experiment.  PLUS I'm totally going to exploit my chef friend to help me put together some good spice combos.  SPICES SPICES SPICES.  . . never thought I would be so excited about them.  In fact, I'm so excited I remember this place down by the market that is in this old building full of spices.  I'm totally going there this weekend.  It's called World Spice Merchants and if you like spices, you should check it out. 

Anyway - Success - I'll write more later since there is more to tell!

No comments: