Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 5 - finally some food

So, today I got to eat the following:

Toast with cashew butter (that I made myself!  like peanut butter, but with cashews) and raisins.

A turkey bacon cranberry cheese muffin sandwich with cashews -- this is so yum I want to eat it all the time.

Black bean dip with cheese, cumin, garlic and olive oil (again, that I made myself) and carrots to dip in it.

Pepperoni pizza and wine.

Okay - so a couple of things about this.  You should hear the inflection in my voice when I say "I made it myself".  There is a little head swagger that goes along with it.  Why?  Because it tastes so yummy.  I didn't finish all of the black bean dip stuff, but mostly because I was embroiled in a work thing.  I had to even bring it to my meeting to eat and I felt like a fool because I was eating in front of senior management.  But whatever, have to stay on the diet, right?

Again, I felt hungry after the breakfast, but that might be because I SCARFED it down before my first meeting rather than taking time out.  I mean I did take 6 whole minutes to eat it.  There is something to be said for enjoying food.  I was hungry when I went to eat the bean dip, but that's mostly because it was TIME to eat.  I was about a half hour late to eating (outside the 4 hours), so, I'll let that one pass.

I was NOT hungry however the entire time before the pizza.  Which is pretty cool considering I didn't eat all of the bean dip.  And, speaking of the pizza.  I had to improvise with some of the ingredients because my grocer didn't have some of the things on the list.  So, I've had to improvise a bit, but I'm sticking to the amount of calories in each meal.  I did have two glasses of wine with dinner, which is NOT part of the calories allotted.  But I've been really working on working out, so I don't feel badly about that.  And the book says that you can have alcohol in moderation AND if you account for it in the caloric intake of your day.  So, I did.  Besides, I'm going to be working out Saturday and Sunday in the gym.  So, I'm not going to take ANY guilt at all about this.

Day six has some other interesting food, so, we'll see how that goes.  I'm airing all my secrets about the things that I'm NOT doing that the book says to do, but I think I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to the caloric intake and the exercise regime.  I did watch tv last night while I was eating the pizza, but I took more time out than normal to chew each piece.  And it kind of makes a difference.  The only part I don't like about that taking longer thing is the way the consistency of the food feels.  It's really mushy.  Now, I know that's the way it's supposed to be, but it takes some getting used to.  I'm a person who works at a million miles an hour as a pace, so it's hard for me to slow down.  But I think I'm trying.

Off to another successful day!

1 comment:

suz said...

Congrats KP on starting this new adventure! I'm really liking reading about how it's going.

I've managed to not gain weight while with Tori but I think it's because we're 4 hours apart! So I'm wondering what will happen when we finally live in the same city and are happily ensconced together (when that will happen I have no idea but some day I'll be fat & happy!)

Keep up the good work!