Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pain level Journal - Day 1 (though, really day 4)

The neurosurgeon told me I needed to keep track of my pain level until I meet him again.  Since my appointment is not until Friday, May 27th, I have a couple of weeks to keep track.  I'm going to start with the day of the injection until now.   The first day is a bit verbose because you have to keep track every hour for several hours.

Day 1 - May 12, 2011

  • Starting Pain level (out of 10) - 7
  • 15 minutes post injection - 2
  • 30 minutes post injection - 1
  • 1 hour post injection - 2
  • 2 hours post injection - 2
  • 3 hours post injection - 4 (though, I think this had to do with the injection site)
  • Then I slept
  • 11 hours post injection - 3
  • 12 hours post injection - 3
  • 13 hours post injection - 3
  • see the red on my neck?  That's the injection site!
  • 14 hours post injection - 3
I have to say - a 3 out of 10 feels like HEAVEN!!  (pretty funny the apple photo effects randomly picked my injection site!)

Day 2 - May 13, 2011

  • Pain level - 4
  • No muscle spasms
Day 3 - May 14, 2011
  • Pain level - 4
  • muscle spasms started in the evening around 7pm
Day 5 - May 15, 2011
  • Pain level - 4
  • muscle spasms right away in the morning - needed to take muscle relaxers. . . they only died down for now.  Needed to take multiple times during the day.
Anyway - we'll see how it goes!

No comments: