
So, apparently Al likes to look for bugs at night. And, he thought it would be a good idea to bring me along. . . It was dark, kind of cold, and we had to wear head lamps as you can see.
But we did learn a couple of things about collecting at night.
- Headlamps attract bugs
- Headlamps attract the wrong kinds of bugs
- this park is NOT the best park for beetles
- It is a good park for slugs. . .


You get the idea, go and look for bugs on trees. Alistair does some crazy stuff by going down in raveens, etc.. . . I stayed out of that stuff.

Then we went and collected his traps. From his cursing right now, I can tell it was a VERY unfruitful visit. He's ranting about taking the trap out. But he did put some rancid pork there this time to see what kind of carian (probably spelled wrong) beetles will come. Here's a picture of is trap(s). He's got one hanging (very useless in this area) and two in the ground - haven't heard anything yet on that, so I'll let you know if anything fabu comes out of it.

It's late (after 1am), so I'm going to take my night bugging butt to bed.
Boy - isn't it exciting to be a Ramsdale?
No comments:
Post a Comment