I haven't published any posts in more than two months which only compounds my feelings of laziness. I have 10 posts that I COULD publish, however, if I don't give some sort of context, timeline or, let's say. . . um. . .a story, none of it will make sense. So, again, I ask for forgiveness in my lack of comitment to publishing. But please know that I have been writing; writing A LOT. And I'm really excited to share with you all the things that have been going on. So, in an attempt to give some context, here's my timeline and story of the last two months.
In July and August, I started, and successfully finished a crowd-funding experiment fundraiser. I introduced you to the idea in early July in my post Stumping for Food. Then, a couple of days later, I posted a humbling update. After that update, a collegue from work, Chris Dettmering (he's a whole funny story in an of himself that I will try to do justice to at some point) took up my cause and really got us going! With his help (and his family and friends's generosity) and two really big last minute donations from some super cool guys at work (they know who they are and would rather be less than famous about it), we made our goal AND paid the fees to the funding site. In the end, we got to give $1522.47 to the University District Food Bank for a silver level sponsorship!!!
Then - STUFF HAPPENED! Stuff like, sponsorship names being created on the fly, logos getting created, walking two 10Ks and a 5K, going to Turkey, and applying and getting into a Literary Fiction program.
SO - those 10 posts I haven't published have something to do with all of that stuff. Tomorrow I'll start with the sponsorship name and logo for the fundraising event - it's kind of funny and a little bit cute.
After writing all of that, I know I need to kick myself in the butt and say - "I am not lazy, I am not lazy, I am not lazy". I guess until I actually publish regularly, I'll not feel lazy, especially NOW since I am going to be a writer (at least that's what my admission says about me. . .).
No comments:
Post a Comment