Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Best of Seattle

On Sundays, when required, I go to a local java hut and read either the paper (though not my first choice), a book, or try to do a crossword puzzle (and I assure you this one only takes about three minutes since I NEVER get anything on the Sunday crossword puzzles). This last Sunday, I was at my local Starbucks (amazingly, I really only have one near me) reading the Seattle Weekly. I don't normally read the Seattle Weekly. I'm not sure why - I think I have a bias that was seeded long ago when I was trying to move here to Seattle and the only "book" that I could find on the city was done by the Stranger. So, I don't normally read the Seattle Weekly.

That aside, I was really amused with the short "articles" about "the best of" whatever the paper had asked the public to weigh in on. So much so, that yesterday I started cutting out some of these articles so that I could put them in my notebook and try some of these things to really see if they were "the best of" anything. I have done or gone to some of these things so I didn't cut them all out, but the pile actually got pretty big.

Today, I decided that I would put them in my notebook and try to do or try as many of these things as I could within the next year or two and within my budget. Then I thought I'd share with all of you whether or not these things are "the best of" what kp thinks is the best.

Seattle has so much to offer and often times I really don't go outside of downtown or Capitol Hill. Here's my chance. I also hope I can take some of you with me and perhaps share some of my city with you. Maybe it will make some of you want to come and visit me.

love all of you,
love me.

No comments: