Again with the false promises of updating my blog regularly. . . my apologies. But now I have a bit more time to do so since I'm not working 14 hours a day, running a theather show AND planning a wedding? Why, you ask?
Well, work has slowed down since it's the holidays, so 8 hours is all there is. .. always more work, but it can wait until the next day. Rocky Horror is finally over - sad, but true. AND - I got married. Yep, it's official, I'm no longer single. Though, honestly, I haven't been single for about two years.
So, I figured I'd give you guys some stories. I mean, that's why you read this right? So here you go. .
How we met
Mikal likes to say we met at church. . . those that know Kristin, know that it wasn't EXACTLY church. It was a Sunday, though. Kristin had just finished her very first very difficult work deployment (software) and was visiting her local watering hole to relax and have a well deserved drink. She was talking on the phone outside the building when, across the way, she saw a very handsome man in sunglasses. After she got off the phone she went into the bar.
This is where the story differs depending on to whom you speak. Both believing his or her story is the correct one. No one will ever know and they are both so stubborn, they won't conceed.
Mikal says that the ENTIRE BAR was open and when she came in, she thought "how cute is he, I'll sit down next to him."
Kristin says that she frequently visited this bar and although the seating in the entire bar was open, at the actual bar, there were two seats open. One next to him and the other in front of the video gambling machine. So, she sat next to him to get her drink and read her book as she often did. It was hard to read and spread out in front of the video gambling machine.
What happens next isn't up for debate. Mikal got the courage up to ask, "what are you reading?". Kristin replied, "The Golden Compass." Mikal brightens, saying, "my daughter read that!" (Lauren has since disputed that she's ever read this book)
What followed was a very fun and funny conversation about Lauren, Mikal's daughter, what we did for a living, how Kristin knew the manager, how Mikal knew the owner, and other generally interesting things. They talked for several hours and Kristin then got up to leave, as she had to work the next day. Mikal gave her his number because he wanted to make Kristin feel comfortable AND he didn't want to be given a number that was a "wrong number."
When Kristin got home, she texted Mikal (getting home took only 5 minutes). Mikal had gotten up to leave, but when he received the text, he ran back to the bar in case Kristin had come back. She had not, but they soon started dating and the rest is history!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment