Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Engaged! Come Join Us to Celebrate

So. . . if you haven't heard, I got engaged last weekend on Friday, February 11, 2011 to Mikal Viencek.  I'm so happy to announce this!  If any of you have followed my blog, you have read about my past and understand that this type announcement is really huge!

We would love you to come and join us to celebrate!  This weekend and next weekend we'll be spending our time at Open Circle Theater (those of you that know me, know this is NOT a surprise).  We want you to come and join us at the theather for three VERY special shows.  Mikal and I will be there either enjoying the show and your company or working the show and enjoying your company!

Friday, February 18th is Sylvia and Tor's Cabaret.  It's the AWESOME cabaret with great singing and entertainment from Sylvia of the famous Bacon Strip.  If you have seen her stuff, you KNOW you'll want to be there.  The COOLEST thing about this Friday, is that it's Pay What Ya Wanna.  You can reserve seats (and it's recommended) on Brown Paper Tickets.  She is hilarious!  It'll be a good time and you can come down and toast to Mikal and me with a special drink (I won't spoil what it is if you're gonna come!).  It starts at 8pm, so come on down to Belltown.  If you wanna have dinner before, you can try the new Dope Burger (great reviews) or Mama's Mexican Kitchen.

Saturday, February 19th is Mitzy's Ditzy Glitzy Variety Show.  It starts at 10pm and is really cool for several reasons.  First, I'm the tech person, so come see me be a slave to the lights and sound.  Secondly, there are some ridiculously talented Burlesque dancers, poets, drag queens, and of course bartenders and crew (that's me and Monica!).  The show is for those of us that need to recover from our Valentine's day.  If you ask Mikal, he needs to recover from my woeful attempt at being romantic.  Let's face it, he and I are SERIOUSLY a mess, so comiserating with the rest of the group will be some great therapy. 


Then NEXT weekend is OCT does CSI: Miami.  It's a TRUE disaster but HILARIOUS!  It's a "script in hand" improv of the television show.  If you came to see OCTV does Battle Star Glacatica, you will LOVE this.  I'm doing tech for the show, so come and see how much I screw up with some scotch!  It'll be a good time. 

At any rate.  Mikal and I want you to come out and toast with us.  It'll be a good time and you'll be helping out my greatest love that isn't a human.  It'll be great!

4 comments:

Metal Aria said...

That's great!!! I'm so happy for you guys! :: hugs ::

Unknown said...

Well, I'm in Miami this weekend... But maybe I'll see you tomorrow?

suz said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! Unfortunately I'm stealing Ciara to Miami but I'm sure she'll be celebrating with you at other times!

Tom Oehler said...

KP...Congratulations!