I was writing an email to my parents because they want to come and visit in the fall, and I realized that I'm totally insane! I was trying to figure out the best time to have them visit and it's not going to be easy. Why? Let me tell you.
So, I'm doing this show called Eat My Shorts. It's a film festival and the winners get to go to Bumpershoot. It's really cool with 24 plays over three weekends plus a winning weekend AND a weekend at Bumpershoot. Check it out and come join us if you please! Open Circle Theater is sponsoring this event. I haven't worked with them in so long, but I'm so excited to be doing so again. They rock. Check them out too!
Then I was thinking about September, but that's kind of out too. . . except for maybe two weekends. I will be finishing up the Eat My Shorts festival at Bumpershoot the first weekend in September, and then Ciara and I are going to the wonderful city of Portland, Oregon! We'll be partaking in public transportation via the train AND eating at the famous BW3! How awesome is that?
After that, I'm taking photos at a wedding for my friend on October 2nd and then I'm hoping another friend will be marrying two weekends from that. Very exciting!
Right now? I'm at work. It's a Sunday. . . and I am supposed to be at a Mariners/Red Sox game. . . and if everything goes as planned, I will make it. But it still sucks that I'm here.
Mostly, I've gotten a lot of theater stuff done and written this blog. Exciting huh?
The other thing that's come up is next week is Alistair's birthday. I'm going to be celebrating his birth at the Hard Rock Cafe. I have two days I celebrate Alistair - July 28th - his birthday and April 1st - our anniversary. I usually have two scotches. One with one cube of ice (for me) and one with half water (he like to make it watery. . .yuck, but it makes me smile every time the bartender says - "really?"). But when we lived in Hawaii, we used to go to the Hard Rock Cafe down the street from where we lived all the time.
Why you ask? Well, first, they have CHEAP happy hours and when you live in Hawaii, cheap anything is a bonus. Plus he liked the wings since there wasn't another place to get them (hence my pilgrimage to Portland in September). I liked the salads and it is a warm member. So, raise a glass of watery scotch for Alistair next Wednesday. I will be too.

No comments:
Post a Comment