Thursday, August 03, 2006

A week of surprises

Last week held a couple of surprises for us. Here's Alistair's scar. It was originally only about 1/2 inch long and more towards the middle of his chest. After the surgery it was this big. He held up pretty well during the surgery (Doug and I got to see it!). They gave him some topical anesthetic (10 needles full!) and the doctor says in his experience Red Heads always need more anesthetic than most! I guess so. He bruised, but all is well for now! Here's his "scale" picture so you can see how big it is in relation to everything else.

We went out for his birthday on Saturday instead of Friday b/c his surgery happened on Thursday and Al was a little tired. This is the crew before we went out. . . doesn't everyone look dapper? I'm usually behind the camera, but Carol took a good picture of Alistair and me (this one is a little bigger than the rest, so MOM - if you want to save it, it should be a little easier than the rest). It was a lovely dinner. Carol and Doug looked adorable as well!
Since Alistair was still recovering, he was a little difficult to make laugh. But Carol kept doing a German impression that HILARIOUS and Alistair was laughing quite a bit (you can see her here wispering in a German accent as well). It made the night. Well, the vat of mashed potatoes I got to bring home wasn't bad either. So, it was a pretty good birthday dinner!

Carol and Doug's visit was very nice and I'm glad they came.

If you've read the recent posts, you'll notice we put in an offer on a condo as well. So that was a good surprise over the weekend. We've gone back and I'm sure we'll love it there. It's closer to work and closer to where Alistair and I like to walk around and hang out.

Then today, Alistair was RUDELY awaken by the Blue Angels! He took some great pictures. They're here for the weekend SeaFair and practice over our house. He'll be taking some more tomorrow. You can see the red tower in one of the pictures, so you can see how really close they were. He says that these pictures weren't even of the closest they came. . . he didn't start taking them until the middle of the "show".



So, surprise after surprise. Hopefully the next few weeks are a little less exciting. We're going to get Alistair into an apartment in Montana and he'll be teaching soon (and going to school). So, it's off to the next adventure.

No comments: